Tuesday, June 26, 2007

7 Things Meme

Heather tagged me for this meme quite some time ago:


Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs the 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog.


For me, this fits right into my series Eleventy-One Things About Me.

Eleventy-One Things 41-47:

###############

  1. I'm highly distractable, and often forget what I'm doing in the middle of things.

    A couple of days ago, for instance, I ran downstairs to get something. Once I got there I couldn't remember why I'd gone down. So I did a bit of cleaning in the kitchen and went back upstairs.

    I started into some other project upstairs, and suddenly remembered what I had needed downstairs. So I went back downstairs to get it, only to get distracted by something else and forget again what it was I went for.

    I knew that if I went back upstairs I'd remember, so I went back to the room I'd been in upstairs. Sure enough, I remembered what it was as soon as my eye fell on the upstairs project.

    After several repetitions of this (up, down . . . up, down) I finally remembered what I was supposed to be doing long enough to actually do it.


  2. Paradoxically, I also tend to hyperfocus. Partly, I think, because I'm just an intense person. It's easy for me to get so involved in a book or project that I become immersed in it for hours at a time.

    I can get a bit grumpy when someone breaks my concentration. That may be because it's hard to pick up my train of thought again once I've lost it (see #1).

    Kids kind of tend to put a crimp in habits like this, don't they?


  3. Nearly 100% of my blog posts are written one-handed while nursing Baby E. I have no idea what will happen to the blog when she decides to wean herself.


  4. I started crocheting again last week after hardly touching a hook for a couple of years. Now that Baby E doesn't require so much holding, I can do two-handed activities occasionally.

    Currently I'm working on finishing the afghan I started making for Annika over a year ago. Um, yeah. Hopefully I'll actually finish it before another year goes by.


  5. At the moment I'm wearing a T-shirt with Cavalier King Charles Spaniels on it. I love dogs, especially Cavaliers.

    We had a Cavalier when I was a teenager. He was the greatest dog. CKCS are the largest breed of toy dog, but they have the temperament of a large dog--something like a very smart, huge-hearted lab or golden retriever in the body of a small curly-eared dog. I'll write more about my dog another time, perhaps for a Monday Memory post.


  6. I long to have another dog some day (and maybe a cat too), but I'm now allergic to both cats and dogs. I try not to pet them unless I'm able to wash my hands right away, but I still love working with them. I especially like training dogs.

    I keep wondering if maybe another Cavalier would work for me, because they're supposed to be less allergenic (they don't have as much dander, supposedly, and they have silky hair instead of typical fur coats).


  7. I'm really enjoying watching my garden grow. I like being outdoors and working with plants, water and soil. For being my first attempt at growing a garden all on my own, I'm really pleased with how well the vegetables are growing so far.

    The plants in the two raised beds definitely seem to be growing the best, with the fewest weeds. I think I'll try to add wooden frames around more of the beds next year.


############

[If you're looking at my main blog page, click here to read my answers.]

Now, I'm supposed to tag 7 people. No obligation if you don't want to do it, but I think of a tag as a nice way to direct my readers to some new blogs they might not have read before. If you blog the meme, please do include a link to the post in the comments here, so we can find it. :)

If I didn't tag you and you'd like to do it, feel free, and please also leave a comment with a link.

Scot Vet

Michelle My Belle

All About (My) Boys

Everything Free Eating

MysteryMommy

Rome-Colored Glasses

Experience Imagination

Labels: ,


3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

*Giggle* on the one handed blogger... ;)

1:04 PM  
Blogger ccw said...

I did the "forgot what I was doing thing" yesterday. It took me several attempts in which I left the room and returned to remember that I wanted to write "carrots" on the Costco list.

My SIL is allergic to dogs so they got a Labradoodle. She hasn't had any problems with him, aside from the fact that he is a really big dog.

6:43 AM  
Blogger Jenevieve said...

Ooh, this looks fun! I'll let you know when I manage to post it.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home