Thursday, August 03, 2006

Earthquake

Wow. We just had the biggest earthquake I've ever felt here. It lasted for what seemed like a long time, with the house shaking and rumbling while DH and I looked at each other, frozen, and then rushed down the hall to see if we needed to grab the kids and stand in the doorjambs.

By then it was lessening in intensity, though, and then it fizzled out. It wasn't even enough to damage anything in our house. We were pretty worried for a few seconds, though! I wonder where it was centered, and hope it didn't cause too much damage. We don't get that many earthquakes around here, and almost never this big.

No news yet on how big it was or where it was centered, but I'm sure it will be all over the local news in the morning.

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Now that makes me want to call my baby sister in Seattle!

I remember one time in Kelso, about 14 yrs ago, *we* felt a rather large earthquake. It was centered somewhere in OR, which was unheard of, and was pretty big. Of course, there were crazy earthquakes when I was little with St. Helen's but I don't remember those - I was a whopping 1 y/o!

6:19 AM  
Blogger KLee said...

Whoa! Scary! I'm glad you are all okay, and that there was no damage done.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I don't think I've ever felt an earthquake before. I'm glad you and your property came through unscathed.

7:51 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Thanks, all . . . it turned out to be almost a 4 point earthquake, with quite a few lesser aftershakes over the next few hours.

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home