Monday, July 24, 2006

7 Years

Happy anniversary to DH and me!

After 7 years I think even more that my husband is, next to God, the greatest blessing of my life.

#############

My husband is the kindest, most gentle and loving man I could ever ask for. He's a man who loves God and is concerned about growth and intimacy in his relationship with God.

He loves to ask questions and pursue the truth. He loves to think deeply, listen, and consider different ideas. One of the things I appreciate the most about him is that he knows he's not perfect and is constantly wanting to change and grow in the best ways.

DH loves people and cares about deep, healthy relationships. He maintains friendships and accountability with guy friends and between our family and other families. He makes a point to go to lunch and otherwise spend time with both of our dads, as well as with other family and friends.

My husband sees our marriage, and me, as something deeply precious. I feel loved, cared for and treasured by him. He makes our relationship a priority and it's important to him to maintain it. I love our times talking and connecting with each other.

He's a wonderful father and partner in parenting--I couldn't imagine a better father, and our kids are all definitely "daddy's girls" in that they adore their dad and love to be with him.

DH makes great sacrifices to make sure our family and home are well-equipped and running smoothly. He works hard to provide for us all, both financially and emotionally, and then works more when he gets home helping with things around the house. He often seems to put his own needs aside to attend to everyone else's . . . I have to remind him that it's okay for him to have needs too.

He's just plain a fun person to be with. I love talking to him, playing with him, working together and discussing things with each other. I love watching him interact with other people, enjoy relaxing, or work hard on a project.

I love my husband. Thank you, God, for giving him to me.

May our marriage continue to grow stronger, healthier and more intimate as long as we both shall live. And I hope we may live long lives together.

I love you, Mark. Happy Anniversary.

12 Comments:

Blogger Liz Miller said...

Happy Anniversary to you both and may you have 10 times as many more.

5:39 PM  
Blogger KLee said...

What a sweet tribute! Happy anniversary! No seven-ear itch for you two lovebirds! :)

5:57 PM  
Blogger KLee said...

Uh...DUH! "Seven-YEAR itch!" See what happens when I don't proofread? :)

I surely HOPE you don't have a seven-ear itch. That would be terrible!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

happy anniversary!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Happy Anniversary PK, and Mr. PK :) Sorry, couldn't resist!

Our 7th year was an amazing year for us (just ended on the 11th - as we entered our 8th yr)- one of spirituality as a couple, personal achievements and growths, and an overall "finding a comfy place," phenomenon. Mmmm, it's good too
;-)

I pray you/we continue to say the same sorts of things, year after year!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Mark Daniels said...

Congratulations!

10:07 PM  
Blogger ccw said...

Happy Anniversary!

5:58 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Awww, Happy (belated) Anniversary! (It must have been a good day for making the pledge of a lifetime--Hubby and I celebrated 7 years of marriage on the 24th, too.) :-)

6:53 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Beautiful tribute. Mark, you, your marriage and family are such an inspiration to me. Thank you and Happy Anniversary!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Sparrow said...

Happy Anniversary, a bit belatedly. ;-) I love you and your family!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Richard Lawrence Cohen said...

Happy anniversary! May you have many, many more years of love together.

7:43 AM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Thanks so much, each of you. Storymom, happy anniversary to you, too!

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home