Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Vanishing Blogroll

Just in case you noticed that the blogroll is gone from the sidebar . . . it's not permanent.

##################

I'm going to start from scratch, though, and will be experimenting with blogrolling instead of bloglines for the blogroll. I like the idea of having an indication for recently updated blogs in the list. I'm still subscribed to everyone's feeds in bloglines, though.

Many of the blogs linked in my blogroll were defunct blogs that nobody is posting on now, and some are blogs I haven't taken the time to read in months (and whose authors could probably care less whether I have them on my blogroll since neither of us reads the other's blog). When I started the list, I was basically putting every blog I came across that I thought mildly interesting into the feed. But the list got so long it was about as much use to me as no list at all.

My goal is to have the blogs I read on a semi-regular basis and/or the blogs of people who read The Purple Puzzle Place in the blogroll, plus a few that I think are worth linking to for some other reason.

Don't worry--if you're a regular reader here or someone on whose blog I show up semi-regularly, you'll be back.

Once the blogroll gets back up, if you'd like to be listed and you're not on it, please do leave a comment or drop a note. I probably just missed you in all the construction dust.

In the mean time, I hope nobody was counting too much on using my blogroll to find a particular blog. :)