Thursday, May 17, 2007

At least on a blog I don't have to talk

I've almost completely lost my voice. Those allergy allerts from Pollen.com are really helpful. I can see my symptoms fluctuating with the pollen levels, and I have hope that my current laryngitis, headache, fatigue and other symptoms may get better when pollen levels start dropping this weekend. Hopefully they'll do what's predicted.

In other news, Puff the hamster has been joined (not in the same cage, of course) by a tree frog named Sarah. Both are greatly enjoying the crickets and mealworms we purchased for them (who knew hamsters love mealworms as a treat?). We've been reading about amphibians for science the last few days.

DH finally managed to figure out how to work the rototiller we borrowed last night. For some reason, though, it only tilled 2 to 4 inches deep, even after multiple passes. No matter how he set it, it only went a an inch or two into the ground at a time. The ground there is extremely hard. I guess I'll have to get out there with a shovel after all--at least in the areas where I want to plant things like potatoes.

Labels:


2 Comments:

Blogger Pecos Blue said...

We just did the rota thing for the first time and had the same expereince. Try wetting the area down first. We have calieche (sp) very hard very hard--and it worked in the end.

6:54 PM  
Blogger my4kids said...

Izzak has been losing his voice this week and he has allergies. Why didn't I think of that? Oh I'm not a good mommy since I have medicine to help him.......

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home