Friday, May 11, 2007

Sad

Just in the last couple of weeks, I got back in touch with a dear friend I'd been close to since my teens. We hadn't kept in touch for the last few years, and it was wonderful to hear her voice again.

We talked a lot on the phone several times recently, picking up right where we left off and enjoying each other's company just as we always had. We were supposed to get together this week, but we ended up needing to reschedule for next week.

I got a phone call this evening to tell me that my friend's husband died last night in a very tragic, sudden and wrenching way.

It's such a shock, and so painful. I hurt for her.

I haven't talked to her yet. I left a message saying that I am praying for her and that I love her. I told her to please feel free to call any time of the day or night, and to let me know if there's anything at all that I can do.

I hope she'll call when she feels ready.

I hope I can be of some comfort and support to her, somehow.

Labels:


5 Comments:

Blogger Liz Miller said...

Oh, I am so sorry. Please add my thoughts to yours.

5:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this. A couple of years ago my DH lost a close childhood friend to a terrible accident. Not anything like losing a spouse, but the pain at that funeral was palpable.

Pax,

MLO

2:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am so sorry!
Sounds like you got back into her life at the perfect time...

3:16 PM  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

I'm so sorry, PK. Hugs to you, and thoughts and prayers for the family.

5:03 PM  
Blogger KLee said...

I'm sorry that your friend suffered such loss, and you by extension. I'm glad you were there as a source of comfort for her, though. Sending my prayer out to her as well.

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home