Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy 2010

There's much to be thankful for from 2009.

Things like God, family, and friends of course go at the top of the list. We are so blessed in those areas. Spending a lot of time with family and friends over the last few weeks has made us realize again how much we enjoy being with our extended families and friends.

Of course, being married to the most amazing man on the planet does give me a lot to be thankful for. :)

This year my health has also improved quite a bit (and/or I've gotten better at pacing myself and limiting activities--still learning that balance thing. :) ). It's particularly telling looking back and realizing that at the beginning of 2009 I was using a cane, and now haven't used it for months.

Our friend and honorary daughter NLASS moved in with us in 2009--she is truly a gift from God.

We have had our lives much enriched by furry friends--we started Mira's service dog training (she can be a huge help to me in pacing myself, minimizing pain levels and letting me know when I'm about to have a "crash" or am overdoing it) and also started raising and showing satin and mini satin rabbits, which the girls and I enjoy immensely.

Homeschooling, housekeeping, parenting and marriage all seem to be at a pretty good place right now, which is a great blessing (typing this may be a bad thing . . . don't breathe--we don't want to upset the balance!).

DH is very good at his job and has good job security, which is also a great blessing.

We're making progress in the areas that were our biggest goals and concerns this year, thanks in part to help from other people or resources. The kids are all doing well and in general we're enjoying life.

We've had some losses and some sadness this year, but also much joy.

I have been feeling lately that I really have no right to be so blessed and happy, with life so full of good things.

May 2010 be a blessed year for everyone!

Labels: ,


2 Comments:

Blogger jo(e) said...

Happy new year!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Madeleine said...

A very happy new year to you! I hope all of your blessings continue and multiply in the days to come.

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home