Sunday, May 15, 2005

Eleventy-One Things About Me, 1-11

There's a popular blog meme (idea passed from blog to blog) in which people post 100 things about themselves.

I think it's a fun idea, but I think a page of 100 facts at once is a bit much to read. So I like the idea I've seen of people breaking it up into more manageable chunks. And, I think 100 is rather a boring number. I prefer Tolkein's concept of 111, or eleventy-one, as a significant number.

So I'm going to see if I can get to eleventy-one things about me, a few at a time.

Here is my first installment:

1. I got my first grey hair at age 13--and I was one of the late ones in my family.

2. I did try dyeing my hair something close to its original color (various shades of brown) a few times, but decided I'd rather have gray hair than a scalp consisting of nothing but itchy red hives and raw skin. Besides, according to the Bible grey hair is a crown of glory and a sign of wisdom (well, maybe I can fake it as long as I don't open my mouth).

3. I'm "five foot two, eyes of blue"

4. I'm married to a man who's over 6' 2"

5. I was probably one of the most accident/injury-prone children in the history of humanity.

6. My favorite food is chocolate (I know, I know, you already knew that one).

7. I am a homeschool graduate.

8. I'm 7 months pregnant with our third girl.

9. As of tonight, I can still button my size 4-Petite red matinee jacket (similar to a blazer), but only if I hold my breath and pull really hard on it.

10. I'm the oldest of three girls.

11. I'm married to a man who is the youngest of 12 kids.

Hmmm, do the ones about my husband really count? What do you think? If you think that's cheating, I'll add a couple of bonus ones to this post.

Remember, you don't have to register for anything to be able to leave comments on this blog, so I hope everyone who reads this votes on that point. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

That looks like a definite "Hello" to me. I'm also impressed by her handwriting (is she just three? or four? in any case, she's done a very good job for her age!).

My middle child just turned five and she still slides glue sticks off the paper on a continual basis. It's fun and developmentally good to do all the artsy craftsy stuff, but man, what a mess.

8:42 AM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Hi, Allison! Thanks for posting. The "hello" in that earlier post was written by my younger daughter, M, who is 2 turning 3 next month.

She can be very meticulous, and she really wants to write, even more than she wants to read. Maybe she'll grow up to have an interest in writing--that would be fine with me! :)

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home