Friday, November 18, 2005

No, I didn't make it up

This post is for Dani, who thought maybe I made up the song. :)

The song AJ's words reminded me of is called "Kids Under Construction" sung by Bill and Gloria Gaither and the Gaither Trio (annyoing noisy website warning: if you're at work, turn your sound off before clicking the link to the Gaither website).

We had a tape of The Bill Gaither Trio For Kids when I was growing up, and that song (well, at least the refrain) and "Only a Boy Named David" (with its "woo-woo-woo-woo-woo" as "one little stone went up in the air") were the most memorable for me.

“Kids Under Construction”

by Bill Gaither and Gary Paxton

Refrain:

Kids under construction -
Maybe the paint is still wet.
Kids under construction -
The Lord may not be finished yet.




We’re more than just accidents without the cause;
We’re more than just bodies and brains.
God made us on purpose; we’re part of a plan.
He cares and He knows us by name.

Refrain.

Now, mister, I know that I get in your way;
I’m noisy and just bug you so.
But there’s lots of questions I just have to ask
If I’m ever going to know.

Refrain.

Dear Jesus, please make me more patient and kind,
And help us to be more like You.
And make room for all other children of Yours,
For they are still growing up, too.

Refrain.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sparrow said...

Hehe, those songs still go through my head all the time--they're great! LOL


Wow, I didn't realize it had been so long since I've read your blog--sorry. ;-)

5:10 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

Okay, so you *didn't* make it up. LOL!

I wonder why Google didn't bring anyhing up with the artist's name or with some song lyrics? Kinda' strange, huh?

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home