Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Corny Jokes, Preschool Style

DH is finally on the mend, and he sat down with the kids tonight and they all watched Zoom together while I cooked dinner. As I commented to DH, there's something really ironic about a TV show that encourages kids to turn off the TV: "If you like what you see / Turn off your TV / and do it!"

Apparently their favorite part of the show was the corny jokes interspersed between scenes. They spent the entire dinner hour making up their own jokes, accompanied by peals of hilarity.

[Can you guess what we had for dinner?]

#####################

What do you call an elephant in a bathtub?

A wet trunk. (Now that I'm writing it down after the fact, I think they may have actually said "a swimming trunk", but I'm not sure--if so, I think they heard that one on Zoom.)


What do you call a chicken in a bathtub?

A wet hen.


What do you call a hen in a bathtub?

A wet chicken.


What do you call a hamster in the bathtub?

A hamster pool.


What do you call a chicken that's all grown up and still in an egg?

A grown-up chick that's really big . . . with its wings and feathers sticking out, but it's still in the egg.


What do you call a rooster that clucks and lays eggs?

A hen rooster.


What do you call a chicken that's killed?

Food.


What do you call a tree with blue leaves?

A blue-leaf tree.


What do you call a little girl who says please and thank you?

Fantastic!

{I certainly agree with that last one!}

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

LOL...sounds like at my house. 5 y/o dd and nearly 3 y/o ds do knock-knock jokes that don't make any sense, and if I don't laugh, there's trouble, ;)

6:27 AM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

I remember when I was a kid my dad finally bought my sister and me a book of jokes so we would stop telling jokes that didn't make any sense.

1:37 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Your Dad giving you a joke book is funny. For some reason, the "What do you call a chicken that's killed? Food." cracked me up, too. :)

9:28 AM  
Blogger suz00 said...

I looked up "jokes for preschoolers" in an attempt to try an stop nonsense jokes from my 5 year old and came across this page. I see I'm not the only one in this situation lol. She loved these jokes by the way.

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home