Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Sweetness

A few recent quotes from the girls:

###################

AJ came running toward me tonight, in a brief departure from playing on a friend's swingset. She spread her arms upward, laughing.

"Regradulations, Mommy! Regradulations!"

"Regradulations?" I asked, "What does regradulations mean?"

She laughed and hugged me. "It means it's a great day!"

"Really? Why is it a great day?"

"Because I love you!"

She ran off again to play with her friends, leaving me warmed by more than the sun.

MM was so excited to see me when I got home Sunday night. She laughed with excitement as she told me, "I missed you so much, Mommy! I'm so glad you're home. I wish you could stay with us all the days and all the nights, Mommy."

Baby E was thrilled to see her daddy when we got home. Last night she spent about 30 minutes just crawling back and forth between DH and me. She'd hug one of us, and then the other. Back and forth, back and forth, smiling and cooing huskily as she laid her head on my shoulder, then crawling over to wrap her arms around DH and pat him with one hand. She also learned how to blow raspberries in an attempt to give us slimy kisses.

Baby E had a great time with FMW and FMG's kids this weekend. There are several really cute stories that I'll try to find time to blog soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Very sweet. It's so rewarding to watch kids grow up together. It's been an eye-opener to me to see how much love my kids have for each other and for me & my husband. Our toddler, especially, is just so clearly happy when everyone is home and together. (And so much more difficult difficult when it's just me and him, but that's another story!)

6:18 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

SOOOOOOOOOOO sweet!

I love these parts of parenthood.

Yesterday..and Saturday too, LMNOB said repeatedly. "Mama, this is the bestest day EVER!" I love to hear those words! They make up for the whiney, "But Mama, it's too much of a mess for me to clean up! I can't do so much!"

9:19 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

What a beautiful and beautifully written post. Thanks. :)

11:28 AM  
Blogger Sparrow said...

Awww, how sweet.

Regradulations = great day with lots of love. I'll remember that! :-)

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home