Sunday, March 11, 2007

Children's Prayers

I love sitting down with AJ and M&M at the end of the day to read them a Bible story, talk to them and pray with them. Today we read about Job, which turned into a really interesting conversation about real love, faithfulness, and Heaven.

I always ask them if there's anything they'd like to talk to God about. Until recently, they've wanted me to do the actual praying, although they've been willing to suggest topics.

AJ has been beginning to pray on her own after I pray for some time now, and it's so sweet to hear her talk to God in her own words. Just the last couple of nights, M&M has wanted to pray aloud for the first time, too.

Tonight, these were their prayers:

AJ: "Dear Jesus, I love you. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. Amen."

M&M: "Dear God, thank you for making all my favorite friends. And you're one of them."

Labels: ,


3 Comments:

Blogger Megin said...

Those girls are absolutely adorable. :)

11:12 PM  
Blogger my4kids said...

To cute!

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.health-truth.com/47.php

PK,

Saw this article and thought of Baby E. Although it's about acidophilus, it describes her symptoms very much the way you have on the blog. Perhaps it might be of some help to you.

Sweet post about the girls saying prayers.

Tara

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home