Friday, March 02, 2007

No more apples this week

Baby E is so extremely miserable tonight that we long ago passed the dividing line between normal fussiness and a major problem. DH got home and agreed that it definitely looks like a reaction. She's in a huge amount of discomfort. Benadryl did seem to help a bit.

We're going to remove apples again and try trialing them again probably next weekend to be sure whether it's the apples or something else she's reacting to. I'll see if I can get some untreated apples directly from a farmer if possible, although I'm pretty sure this applesauce was safe.

This is very much the same kind of behavior we were seeing before we cut out the foods she had positive skin tests to. Some things (corn, soy) she gets more immediate systemic responses including rashes and itching, and with others it seems to be just the more delayed GI symptoms with maybe itchy ears and a spotty diaper rash.

Labels:


5 Comments:

Blogger Jane Dark said...

Oh, man.

I know it probably seems unlikely, but I'm praying that at some point, these problems all just disappear as mysteriously as they have manifested themselves. I'm sorry you're having to continue micromanaging.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Poor you and poor her. And what Jane Dark said.

9:05 PM  
Blogger KLee said...

Oh, PK. I'm so sorry. I wish there was something that the docs could give her that would help her. I'm glad the special corn-free Benadryl gives her some relief, but I wish it weren't such a hard process for all of you.

As always, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sorry that your problems are continuing, PK.

Regards - Shinga

10:48 AM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Thanks, Jane, Liz, Klnee and Shinga.

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home