Sunday, January 13, 2008

Epiphany

This morning Baby E woke up at 6 a.m. and DH went to see to her. I thought, "Wow, she slept a lot longer than she has any other night this week."

That's when I had my little epiphany.

#######################

You see, Baby E has been waking up sometime between 3 and 4 every night this week. And then sometimes waking up a few more times after that, or not really going back to sleep at all.

DH usually gets up with her at least the first time, but that doesn't necessarily mean I go right back to sleep. I've been up with her quite a few times this week too, and more than once she has ended up in our bed, tossing and turning and lying on me and generally keeping me from dropping back into a sound sleep. (DH, on the other hand, can sleep through almost anything and falls asleep again immediately after being up.)

Last night was the first time in at least a week I've had anywhere close to 6 hours of solid sleep.

And I wonder why I'm tired. LOL.

Lack of sleep can send me into a full-blown FMS/CFS flare-up faster than just about anything else.

I felt quite a bit better today, though still not great by any means.

DH and I talked about it this morning, and decided that the best thing would be for me to sleep in the playroom/guest room tonight, wearing earplugs. Hopefully we'll be able to get the kids down early enough so that both DH and I can go to bed early. He's tired too, but it doesn't affect him as much.

Hopefully a night or two of unbroken, solid sleep will help me to get back on my feet.

I really hope Baby E will start sleeping better soon, too.

Labels:


6 Comments:

Blogger Miranda said...

I hope you are catching some Zzzz's right now.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Me too! Sleep well, PK!

9:00 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

I'm heading there now . . . thanks, both of you. :)

10:36 PM  
Blogger persistentillusion said...

I love that DH is involved.

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck--hope it worked.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I hope you find that much needed rest and are able to recharge. Glad dh can help and not be "as affected." Hopefully soon you won't have to be affected at all b/c she's sleeping more...hey, a girl can dream for her friends, right?

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home