Friday, December 12, 2008

Conversation with a Gentleman

Last night, I mentioned to DH that I had recently told a friend that I can only think of one time he has ever yelled at me.

"One time in ten years. That's pretty amazing," I said.

He smiled. "Well, at least it's the only time I yelled at you out loud."

"As opposed to yelling at me silently in your head--or in one of your heated shower conversations with yourself," I chuckled.

I thought for a moment. "When's the last time you felt like yelling at me? Today?"

"No." DH paused to consider. "Actually, it's been about a year. Right about the time you came down with mono."

That says more about him than about me, I think. Although it probably helps that I've been so sick for most of the past year that for the most part I've been unable to be anything other than grateful toward those around me.

Whatever the reason, it's nice to be in such a good place in my marriage. I'm blessed beyond measure to be married to such a kind, loving and gentle man.

Labels: ,


4 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

Amen! Warms my heart. :)

4:26 PM  
Blogger CalvaryGirl said...

Amen ... that's precious.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Bless you both.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Sparrow said...

So glad Mark is part of the family.

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home