Thursday, May 19, 2005

Eleventy-One Things About Me #17

17. I like funky socks.

Here are the ones I'm wearing at the moment:



I love to wear these kinds of socks because they're just the right weight to go inside my ankle boots. When I wear them with short boots I feel a little daring, but nobody sees them unless I take my shoes off. It's like my own secret little flamboyancy. :) When I'm feeling really daring or in a "I like what I like and don't care what anybody else thinks" mood (or when we're running short on clean laundry), I'll wear them with more open shoes or even sandals. Sometimes I'll be wearing a very tailored, classy outfit and then have a pair of funky socks on underneath.

I can't find them at the moment (I'll post a picture of them when I do), but one of my favorite pairs is by Sol Mates at socklady.com. They're made to be purposely mismatched. They go with just about anything. :) Socklady's motto is, "Life's too short for matching socks!"

I guess my kids come by their attitudes about clothes naturally.

2 Comments:

Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

I know exactly what you mean. :)

1:49 AM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

I'm currently wearing my Ben & Jerry's Cow Socks.

Guernsey Cow Socks.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home