Thursday, May 19, 2005

My dilemma . . . too many purples?

I've been going back and forth about this for weeks now. When I started this blog, I wanted to make it easy for people to find it by searching for my username.

But I also didn't want to give up my old blog name of "The Purple Puzzle Place." I like it because it implies (truthfully) that I don't have the answers or know everything--that I am simply "puzzling over" various things. I'm trying to put the pieces of life together to make some kind of sense.

When I was growing up, we had a vinyl record of stories called "The Purple Puzzle Tree." That name always evoked for me a sense of mystery and a thrill of suspense and excitement. It was a variety of very well-told, great stories packed into one place. The stories stayed with me and made me think. That's what I'd like to capture in my blog.

But every time I see the title of my blog as "Purple_Kangaroo's Purple Puzzle Place" I tend to think it looks redundant and, well, corny.

So, should I keep Purple Kangaroo's Purple Puzzle Place or go back to just The Purple Puzzle Place? The problem with the latter is it would put me under T with all the other blogs that start with "The" in blogrolls--supposing I ever get listed in any.

Some other ideas include A Purple Puzzle Place (now that would get me listed near the top of any theoretical blogrolls, but people looking for purple_kangaroo would never find it), Purple-Kangaroo's Puzzle Place (get rid of the redundancy), or some other variation on the theme? Got any ideas?

The relatively unimportant dilemmas that seem earth-shattering and take up a lot more of my brain bank than they should . . .

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for Purple_Kangaroo's Puzzle Place.

Mark

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about just "Purple Puzzle Place" (drop 'The'). It's simple and sounds good, and also avoids the underbar.

1:31 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Hmmm . . . I think I'll try that last one out and see how it looks.

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for Purple Puzzle Place. Simple, direct and still expressing your unique take on things.

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home