Monday, May 16, 2005

Please pray for my mom

My mom is a kidney transplant recipient, so has a compromised immune system due to the anti-rejection drugs, and any serious illness can damage the kidney. I just got a phone call that she has the flu and a fever and my family has taken her in to the urgent care clinic. Please pray for protection and recovery for her.

[update: When my sister first called, she said Mom's fever was 106 degrees, so I was really upset and panicking--that could very quickly and easily be fatal. But apparently it's actually 100.6, which is much less dangerous.]

On a somewhat related note, my youngest sister took second place in both the "advanced" category and in the Editor's choice awards at the faithwriters.com weekly challenge contest. The story she wrote is about my mom's kidney transplant. You can read it here.