Monday, May 16, 2005

Talk to Me

[Originally posted April 27th, but I'm bumping this post up since it's still relevant and I want to make sure people see it.]

This post is for you to make comments or suggestions about my new blog or whatever else you'd like to talk about. If there's a particular subject you'd like me to post about or a post from my old blog on Xanga that you'd like to see moved over here for more discussion, please let me know.

One of the best things about this new venue is that Blogger allows readers to comment without having to join and be a member of Blogger. So I'm hoping a lot more of my "lurkers" will jump into the conversations.

I love discussions and the exchange of ideas, and as long as it is civil and respectful and we are discussing ideas rather than making personal attacks, I appreciate hearing from various people whether they agree or disagree with my point of view. I won't delete posts because they disagree with my point of view, but I do reserve the right to delete any that stoop to vulgarity, name-calling, etc.

I've put the settings so that you don't have to be a member of my blog or of Blogger at all, so anyone can post. However, I'd like to ask that you pick a username or nickname of some sort and use it whenever you post here so we don't have everyone just posting anonymously. I like to be able to follow who's saying what and at least try not to get people mixed up.

6 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

When I first began to blog, I started with blogspot. The added convenience is that you can create as many blogs as you want to create, and it is free.

Another good blog area is blogspirit. I am also using bloglines. I find bloglines is good for clipping the items of interest from other blogs.

These are all user friendly blogs.

Welcome to the blogspot.

1:24 AM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Thanks, Maggie . . . I will check out those other sites. Right now I'm trying to figure if there's a way for people to subscribe to this blog to get notification of my new posts. Do you know if blogspot can do that?

8:21 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

Yes, you can "blog this", but the way that I have done the subscription is to use bloglines and pasted in the url. That is why I maintain the Bloglines site Aussieforlife

11:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I shifted from Xanga to Blogger too. I also use Technorati (on every post) and Bloglines to read blogs I am interested in.

5:48 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Hi, SatishTalim. I have to ask. What's Technorati and what does it do?

9:56 PM  
Blogger Carolynn from Western Australia said...

Just a matter of interest, you can't actually leave a commemt here or any ones blog without being a memeber of Google it appears as I had to give a User name and a Password in order to leave comments so far.

Love Carolynn xxxx :-)

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home