Thursday, June 23, 2005

Relief

In case anyone's been wondering why my posting has been so sporadic lately, it's been at least in part because I did something to my hip last week.

I vaguely remembered tripping and almost falling and barely catching myself before I fell all the way down. But it seemed minor and I didn't even think about it until my SIL (sister-in-law) mentioned something like that as a possibility when I was trying to figure out why I had so much hip pain a few days later.

After a week or more of intense stabbing pain, I finally made a chiropractor appointment. DH worked from home yesterday afternoon so I could go in for my long appointment to fill out paperwork, have an exam, etc.

I hadn't been to a chiropractor in about 8 years, and now I'm wondering why I waited so long. A few simple adjustments meant immediate relief, and my neck and back are feeling better too. I'm sore, of course, but the sharp stabbing pain that almost had me in tears is gone.

Now, if the chiropractor can just get that shoulder I dislocated in college to stay in place . . . it kept popping back out as soon as she put it back where it was supposed to be. I'm thinking physical therapy might be in order for that one.

Now, why did I wait so long to do this?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Purple,

Towards the end of my first pregnancy I threw out my knee while squatting to get potatoes out of the cubbard. It became very swollen. I think the hormones that make everything loosen up so the baby can get out of that tiny space also makes the ts sloppy and vulnerable. Its real easy to injure yourself but it makes other events to come much easier. So perhaps this is a good sign. JT

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"ts" was the word "joints" but my computer hiccuped. JT

1:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ouch. I had sciatica (sp?) with my daughter and man if that wasn't crippling sometimes. I went to a massage therapist every few weeks and it was a god send!!!!

10:57 AM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Yes, the loose joints are supposed to make delivery easier. :) My hip is feeling tons better though, so I'm happy about that!

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home