Monday, June 13, 2005

Our little prophet

M has an uncanny way of knowing things sometimes.

She'll say something so insightful or true that DH and I will assume the other told her whatever it was--until we comment about it and realize nobody mentioned it to her. Sometimes she'll make some comment about a person or an upcoming event that we'll assume is just her making random conversation until we find out later it was true. Often it was something we didn't even know.



From the day we told the girls we were expecting a baby, she was absolutely insistent that it was a "sister baby, not a brother baby" (no matter how much we reminded her how much she loves her baby boy cousins and that it might be a boy) and she was right.

This morning at breakfast she announced that "our sister baby will be here in 5 weeks." I thought she must have been repeating something DH said. But when I asked him tonight if he mentioned anything like that to the kids, and he said no. He hasn't talked to them about the baby and when she will be here at all in the last few days. M doesn't even usually use the term "weeks" in talking about the future--I'm not sure she understands the concept of a week (although anything that happened at any time in the past is "last week" to her).

It will be interesting to see whether she's right or not. My "official" due date is between 6 and 7 weeks away, but my other two were 1 and 2 weeks early, and both ultrasounds have measured a few days early. So 5 weeks from today is certainly quite possible.

She certainly has us wondering now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Purple. I like your blog, too, and I'll certainly be back.

I read your earlier post about quiet time. Here's what I used to do: I would put an analog alarm clock in my son's room and draw a picture of where the hands would be when it was time to come out. Of course it wouldn't be a plain old boring clock picture, but the clock might be a ship or a forklift or a clown or whatever, with the numbers and hands incorporated in some way. Not only did he love the pictures but it was an early introduction to telling time, numbers, etc.

Best of luck in the final stages of your pregnancy. I bet your daughter is right about the 5 wks. I'm a birth story junky; I hope you'll post all the details!! :)

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home