Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Afghans

One of my favorite hobbies is crocheting. I mostly do it at times I would otherwise be sitting with idle hands, such as when a passenger in the car, while watching films with DH, in meetings or visiting with people. I can even read to the girls and crochet at the same time. :) I've sold a few here and there and have given many more away.

I think this is one of my favorite baby afghans I've made so far.






It's crib cover/toddler bed size--about the same width and just slightly shorter than a crib mattress.

Here are some pictures on a lighter background:


(Wow, with yarn this soft it's hard to get it perfectly even when you lay it flat!)



I had made it for a friend who is having a baby, but it turns out she's having a boy so I think I'll sell this one and make him something else (maybe a sweater set) instead.

The patterns for all these are by Terry Kimbrough. I really like her designs.

Here's the blanket I made for our baby E. It's extremely soft. M, my 3-year-old, keeps trying to claim it for herself (even though she already has a much-beloved blanket I made for her).



I like the pineapple edging.



And here's the one I'm working on for my BIL/SIL due in November:



I'll probably put some kind of scalloped edging on it.

Right now I'm working on a baby sweater, too. I'll post pics of it when it's finished.

Here's one I made a few months ago (both doll and sweater are for sale).




8 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

It is beautiful. I'm amazed you can do something so intricate subconsciously... I have a bit of a one-track mind, myself. I reverie at the moment that perhaps I'll learn to crochet some day. :)

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it IS beautiful..

2:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow-that's beautiful! I have no ability to do projects like that!!

9:11 AM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Thanks, all!

Kevin, you should learn. It's not hard, and I know of several guys that enjoy crocheting.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Wow, those are beautiful. I'm a knitter, but don't know the first thing about crocheting. I'm very impressed!

1:57 PM  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Wow beautiful Purple Kangaroo! I found you via Phantom Scribbler. You have such sweet girls and I can't wait to hear about the next one.

Will you sell this blanket on ebay?

7:18 AM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Hi, Haloweenlover! Welcome to the blog.

I'll probably offer the afghan for sale off-eBay first . . . I'm not likely to get a price for it on eBay that would make selling it worth my while by the time I take out the cost of materials and eBay/PayPal fees.

I post on some doll message boards with selling forums and usually sell doll/baby related items there. I've been thinking about building a website for my work, too.

Of course, if anyone reading my blog is interested in buying it they can always e-mail me. :)

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That's pretty good. I've often thought of taking up crocheting or knitting as something to do on airplanes and such.

Doug

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home