Friday, July 08, 2005

Garage sales are great

I love it when I find several garage sales that are actually priced like garage sales, and have decent items for sale.

Last weekend I was able to get all the lightweight receiving blankets I'm ever likely to need (and more!) and quite a few onesies for 50 cents each. I also found the baby bath I'd been wanting for $2, along with a few baby clothes and other things we needed--all at one garage sale! I love garage sales like that.

The lady was so nice too--I realized after I got home that while I was writing the check she added a few things to my bag that I had considered and set aside because I was trying to limit how much I spent. She snuck them in when I wasn't looking. :)

I'm starting to feel halfway ready for the baby to come. I even have our hospital bags partially packed. We still have a lot to do, but the most urgent things are mostly ready. Anything else DH can always do while I'm in the hospital or we can do after we get home from the hospital.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That was nice of her!

We had a garage sale at my mothers house awhile back and people were such vultures! Sounds like you hit a good one though :)

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home