Friday, July 08, 2005

Still Here :)

Well, I'm officially full-term now (37 weeks pregnant) and although I'm still having lots of contractions, I'm still pregnant. I'd still like it if the baby would hold off for a week or so at least, but it would be ok if she came any time now. :)

All this prelabor stuff is tiring, though! I was awakened at 3 or 4 a.m. last night by contractions that lasted for a few hours and then went away. Tonight I was having fairly strong ones every 10 minutes even while sitting down. But no other symptoms of labor and they are still inconsistent, so it's still a waiting game.

I'm being graced with all kinds of stories of people who had this sort of thing for 6 weeks or more before the baby finally made its appearance. I guess lots of prelabor is more common with the 3rd+ baby. It's quite annoying, but my midwife assures me that I "get credit for this" and it will probably result in an easier labor when the real thing comes.

Of course there are those feelings of wanting to have the baby be born NOW, along with the feelings of wanting her to wait a while so we can be more ready. But mostly I just want her to be born at the time when it will be most optimal for her health.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

Good luck with everything! I'm sure she'll arrive when she feels like it is the right moment, for both her and you! My thoughts are with you!

5:24 AM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Yay! 37 Weeks! Hugs to you all.

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'm being graced with all kinds of stories of people who had this sort of thing for 6 weeks or more before the baby finally made its appearance."

LOL!! I hope that isn't the case with you! So kind of them to be so encouraging, isn't it?! :-D

But I'm sure glad you "get credit" for the contractions. :-)
Amy

5:29 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Good luck! Those Braxton-Hicks contractions are indeed a pain in the neck.

5:53 AM  
Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

I hope all goes well!!! Your recent posts sound like you're in good spirits.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home