Sunday, July 24, 2005

I didn't really think I'd be saying this at this point . . .

But I'm really glad the baby hasn't come yet so I can be sick in peace.

DH took the kids to church and kept them out until naptime so I could rest, and I'm so very thankful to be able to sleep as much as I want to. I don't have to worry about nursing or changing diapers, and I'm content knowing that the baby is safe and healthy, happily kicking in my belly. I'm still having some contractions, but nothing that seems like impending labor. At this point I'm hoping she'll wait to arrive until I'm over this bug.

Incidentally, this is the longest I've ever been pregnant--ironic since I've been having lots of contractions for something like 5 weeks now.

It is a bit miserable to be spending our 6th wedding anniversary sick, but DH and I did get to go out for our anniversary last night. My dad watched the girls while we went out to dinner and then drove down to the riverside and took a walk. We had a great time. After the first couple of attempts we managed to break away from talking about the kids, baby, etc. and spent the evening reminiscing about the past 7 years (we got married just about a year after we met) and talking about ourselves/each other. It was really nice.

I gave him a nice romantic card today, and have been spending a lot of the time when I'm not sleeping thinking about how very glad I am to be married to him.

Dear Husband, thanks for being such a wonderful person to be married to. 6 years later you're still one of the very best things that's ever happened in my life. I'm looking forward to spending the rest of my life with you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

happy anniversary! may you have many many more. good luck with the new baby, when she arrives, and get well soon! i'll be thinking of you.

take care
rach

2:34 AM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Happy Anniversary. What a special post.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Happy Anniversary! Sorry you're sick.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Merry Wedding Anniversary! I didn't want to sound redundant. God bless and be well. :)

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home