Wednesday, July 20, 2005

15 minutes

I've been having contractions every 15 minutes all evening. Actually, they started last night and continued with some regularity all day, but I didn't bother timing them until we were sitting in our Bible study group tonight and I wasn't being so active. They seem to be gradually growing in intensity, but still quite ignore-able.

I am not just going to sit around and time contractions for another two weeks, so I figure I'll try to ignore them until I can't ignore them any more. There aren't any other symptoms of impending labor, so I'm assuming this is just more of the same pre/false labor stuff. I have better things to do with my energy and attention than wondering whether I'm going into labor or not for 5 weeks straight, LOL. It's so nice to be mildly excited rather than worried about it, though, now that it's just about a week till the estimated due date.

Judging from the last few weeks, this doesn't necessarily mean a thing . . . it's just slightly tiring and annoying, but at the same time a bit exciting. I am getting eager to meet our baby!

3 Comments:

Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

very exciting! we're all eager to hear about your baby, too. :)

4:24 AM  
Blogger jo(e) said...

How exciting!

I never liked the term false labor because it implies that nothing is getting accomplished. And that is not exactly true. The early contractions may not be what a practictioner would term active labor but that doesn't mean the contractions aren't preparing your body for birth. Often the cervix is thinning during this time.

5:49 AM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Thanks, both of you. Jo(e), that's what my midwife says . . . that even though this is annoying, it's a lot easier than the more intense kind of labor and it's still working to prepare my body and eventually get the baby out easier.

This morning they were 7 minutes apart for a while and felt like menstrual cramps, but now they are hardly noticeable again.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home