Tuesday, July 19, 2005

New way to subscribe

Several friends and family members have asked about getting copies of my blog entries via e-mail, so you don't have to get on the internet to read them.

So I've set up a Yahoo! newsgroup for my blog and anything DH wants to post. It's read-only--any replies to the e-mails will go just to me and DH rather than to the whole group. I've set it up so that only the moderators (myself and DH) can see the member list, also, for your privacy.

To sign up, visit the newsgroup website at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/markangelafriends

You can join either online or by e-mail. If joining by e-mail, you don't even need a Yahoo! identity--you just send an e-mail to the subscribe address and you'll start receiving copies of my blog entries via e-mail.

If you'd like to post a comment on my blog, you can click on the link in the e-mail to come directly to my blog website, or just go to http://purplekangaroopuzzle.blogspot.com

The link in the e-mail will look something like this, at the bottom of the post: Posted by purple_kangaroo to Purple Puzzle Place at 7/19/2005 11:18:00 AM.

If you have a blogger ID you'll know how to leave a comment already. If you aren't registered with blogger, just click the "other" box when posting and you can put in your name or whatever username you'd like to be "known by" on my blog. It will put that as who the post is from. The anonymous button is for if you truly want to be anonymous and not put in anything that will tell me who you are. I hope most commenters will at least give me a username of some sort to identify them by.

You don't have to join anything to post comments, so feel free!