Friday, November 18, 2005

Is there such thing as IDAA (internet discussion addicts anyonymous)?

You know you may be an internet discussion addict when:

* You stay up too late reading and posting.

* You feel you HAVE to post something on your blog at least every few days for fear of losing readers, whether you actually have something to say or not.

* You keep a mental list of things you want to post about and get frustrated when you don't have the time or energy to post on all of them.

* Your bloglines subscription list is so long it would take you at least a month to make the rounds and read the newest posts on each one.

* Having commenters makes your day.

* You dream about posts and discussion forums.

* Discussion board politics actually rattle you.

* You care too much what people you've never met think and say.

* You spend significant time worrying about how to word an argument or state a point in a discussion.

* The first thing you have to do every time you drag yourself out of bed is check blogs and message boards--even when you're sick.

Feel free to add to the list in the comments!

9 Comments:

Blogger Elliot said...

Okay, stop spying on me!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Yes. YES. YESSSSSSS!

And I'm going to say it in 2 comments because I care.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2:59 PM  
Blogger jo(e) said...

*When you get home, you check your blog for comments before taking off your coat.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Steph Youstra said...

Can I post a link to this b/c I don't have time to write anything original today? :-)

1:45 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Sure, Steph, feel free! Link to me any time. :)

Elliot, welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by.

R2Ks, didn't you post something similar a while back? ;-)

jo(e), that's so true!

2:06 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

OMG that list is SOOOO me and I am a newbie to the Blogosphere. I can't believe what I just read cause I could've written that exact post, just not as well as you.

8:51 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Hi, Nancy! Welcome--glad you're here.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

I've been thinking about doing a post like this for a while. :) I agree with everything that you wrote but would also add:

*Refer to bloggers that you correspond with regularly as "friends" in conversation with others. It's just easier than saying, "The person that writes this blog I read....".

*Get nervous when a blogger "friend" doesn't post for a while thinking something bad has happened. How would you know? Would their family post something or would they just *poof* disappear forever???

Great post! :)

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home