Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Conversations with Mom

Last night I called my mom, crying: "Mom, I don't don't what to do. This baby just won't sleep. How do I make her sleep???"

"Oh, I'm sorry, honey. It's so hard when they won't sleep. Being tired is no fun. I don't know what to tell you. Have you tried . . . "

"Yes, I've tried all that. Nothing works."

"*chuckling* You know, you were the same way as a baby. You wouldn't nap during the day and didn't want to go to sleep at night. You didn't want to miss anything! But once you finally got to sleep you generally slept pretty well. Your sister J, though, she woke up every 2 hours every night until she was 18 months old."

"What did you do?"

"We tried everything. Nothing worked."

"Oh, boy. I wonder if it's hereditary."

"Have you tried having Baby E sleep in her own room yet, instead of yours?"

"No. I'd like to, but I have to clear out space for the crib in her room first, and then we have to take the crib apart to get it through the doors."

"Well, would you like me to send Dad over to help you move it?"

"That would be great, but we can't move it until we clear out that room. I'll work on that tonight and then if DH can't move it tonight, maybe Dad can help me move it tomorrow."

"Okay. I love you, honey. I hope you can get some sleep soon."

I'm glad for telephones and family.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As much as I enjoy living overseas and treasure our travel adventures I very much miss having family close. Enjoy having your parents so close by! They are such a blessing!

1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home