Saturday, February 25, 2006

Oaxaca

Well, we made it to Mexico and we´re having a great time. The only internet access here is at the computer in the hotel office, so I won´t be able to post much if at all. Today we visited the Zocalo, or town square, and the Mercado, or market. The piles of fried grasshoppers and the vendors selling wares were colorful and interesting to look at. I´ll write more detailed blog posts on DH´s laptop and upload them whenever we get internet access.

My Spanish is coming back more quickly than I expected. I had fun chatting with a grandmother and her 2-year-old grandson in the Zocalo, and she showed me how to tie the rebozo I bought to carry Baby E in, since the wrap is so bulky and hot in this weather. Oaxaca is a fiendly and beautiful city. I am reminded why it{s one of my favorite places in the world.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Angela, that sounds so cool!! I look forward to hearing more... thanks for posting!

Colleen

6:52 PM  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

How fun! Can't wait to see pictures!

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooops, Purple K, that is me in the above comment referencing Julie. (I have two blogs.)Although Julie listed both my blogs on her roll, I think we've only visited each other under this older blog name of mine. (I don't keep track of comment stuff. I do remember loving purple and mentioning that a long while back here!)

4:37 AM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Thanks, Colleen and HW!

Silvermoon/GEL, thanks for your comment. I don't keep track of comments, either . . . I wish there was an easy way to go back and see all the comments you've made on other blogs, and any replies. Wouldn't that be nice?

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home