Monday, February 20, 2006

Little by What?

MM likes to tell people that "our baby has a tummy laugh", and often we get this at home: "Mommy, watch. I'm going to make Baby E do a tummy laugh. See? See that? She made a tummy laugh! Did you hear her tummy laugh? Isn't that cute? Our baby's so cute, Mommy. I love her."

So far the move to her own room seems to be going well for Baby E. Last night she slept from around 2:30 a.m. until 8 a.m. without waking, and then went back to sleep for another 2 hours after nursing. Completely amazing.

I however, um, got a little carried away with the cleaning and organizing and didn't go to bed until 4 a.m. What was that I was saying yesterday about "little by little" again? Still, a good 6 hours of sleep is a definite improvement.

I think my body has gotten a little too used to staying up very late with the baby. If I don't go to bed by 10 or so, I often get a second wind for a few hours.

Right now I'm just finishing Baby E's midnight feeding and plan to go straight to bed when she does. (Well, I am going to start a load of laundry first--but that will only take a few minutes.)

Just because it's easier to get things done while the kids are asleep doesn't mean it's such a good idea to try to be productive when I should be sleeping.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bryan said...

Even though pulling a cleaning all-nighter isn't pleasant, or recommended, it's just what we need to be able to face the next task. Whatever that is.

I like the Little by Little piece, even though I just saw it today. (I'm slack on checking my blogroll.)

12:05 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Thanks, Carson. I haven't been able to make the rounds of my blogroll often lately, either. I'm happy to see you whenever you get a chance to drop in. :)

3:28 AM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

You have three kids. You are homeschooling 2 of them. You are the soul source of nutrition for the third. You cook nutritious hypo-allergenic dinners. You sew...there are so many things you do everyday and you seem never to think it's enough.

Get some rest! You deserve a little time to sleep. Big hugs.

2:50 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Liz, I keep coming back and reading your comment over and over. Something about it must have been something I needed to hear.

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home