Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Screw-Top Lids

I've always had a hard time with screw-on lids. They seem to go on crooked for me, or--especially with things like bottles and sippy cups--they leak. Half the time I just end up getting frustrated and handing them to DH to screw on for me, or just dealing with the leakage.

Finally, I asked DH how he always seems to get lids screwed on straight when I can't.

He said, "Well, here's what I do: I turn the lid backwards until it clicks down. Then I know it's at the beginning of the threading and I start screwing it on from there."

It's so simple. And it works beautifully every time.

So how did I manage to get through almost 30 years of life without figuring that out? LOL.

3 Comments:

Blogger KLee said...

See -- men *are* good for some things! (Just kidding!)

Glad he taught you a trick! Sometimes those little "shortcuts" are the only things that drive me back from hurling myself off the Cliffs of Insanity.

9:12 PM  
Blogger ccw said...

I read that and went, "huh"! Who knew? Obviously DH knew, but that would have never ocurred to me. You have no idea how many messes this will elminiate for me.

6:33 AM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Klee, I love learning tricks like that.

CCW, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who didn't know that trick!

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home