Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Putting on my own oxygen mask . . .

I just called and made appointments with my dentist, my midwife (they finally got things worked out with the insurance company--and no, I'm not pregnant, just need to have some things checked out with an OB), and a new primary care doctor.

I got a recommendation from another mom of a food-allergy kid with complicated health issues in the family, so hopefully this new doctor will be good. Now that we've found such great doctors for Baby E I have hope that maybe I'll get a good doctor myself.

When I told the receptionist some of my symptoms, she asked if I could come in tomorrow. That's sure an improvement over the long wait at the last clinic, especially considering that I'll be seeing my actual doctor and not a PA.

######################

Since I'm still seeing the chiropractor every 10 days or so (injuries from the car accident in June--wow, I didn't realize it was that long ago until I looked it up), that makes for a lot of appointments.

Between Baby E and me, we have an appointment of one kind or another almost every day next week, sometimes two a day. The rest of December is going to be pretty busy too. We don't even have all of Baby E's appointments scheduled yet.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the older kids yet. Some of the appointments I'll be able to take them along to, and others I won't. DH took AJ and M&M to work with him on Monday, but ended up having to just bring them home after a few hours.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I use the oxygen mask expression with parents - some of them get it, others don't. It is very important that parents look out for themselves, particularly when the sheer volume of health issues among family members mean that they are in for a long haul.

Regards - Shinga

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent - your symptoms sound worrying! I hope this doctor continues the trend of doctors who are understanding. Praying for you and the family.

7:27 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Thank you, Shinga. Sometimes it's hard to remember, because on one level my instinct is to set everything else aside--especially my own needs--to focus on what seems most urgent at the moment, which is usually my sick child.

Parodie, I'm hoping it will be something simple like iron/calcium deficiencies, that will be easy to fix.

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for good doctors!!!

Re: what to do with the older kids, is there a daycare in your area that you can put them in on an as-needed basis? Or a neighbor? Or a relative?

Big hugs.

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I could be there for you right now to be able to help with the girls. Waiting for a doctor to call now to get me in for maybe an IV of fluids and other testing. I haven't felt so bad for quite some time.
Much love,
Mom

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home