Monday, February 12, 2007

Conversation Over Dinner

AJ: Mom, where did you and Daddy meet each other? What did you say the first time you talked to each other?

M&M: What were you wearing? Did Daddy think your dress was beautiful? What was Daddy wearing?

AJ: How did you get to know each other?

M&M: Do you think I'm beautiful?

AJ: And Daddy wanted you to be his wife? Did you want Daddy to be your husband?

M&M: Isn't my dress so beautiful?

AJ: How did you and Daddy know you wanted to get married to each other?

M&M: I will show my dress to everybody, and they'll think I'm beautiful.

A little later:

AJ: Mom, what does ventured mean? I read it in a book the other day, but I don't know what it means.

M&M: I think everybody should wear beautiful clothes for AJ's birthday party. That would be fun. And I'll be the prettiest of all.

*****

Bonus conversation: Apparently AJ is picking up on my efforts to redirect M&M's focus lately.

The other day AJ and I were in line at the grocery store, and the lady behind us told me, "Your daughter is beautiful."

AJ smiled up at her and said, "I'm also kindhearted."

The lady smiled back. "I'm sure you are."

Labels:


8 Comments:

Blogger Jane Dark said...

They are awfully cute. And I remember asking about the word seance the first time I read it in a Nancy Drew book.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Becci said...

That conversation is too cute. Glad nobody else has gotten sick. If we can all stay well long enough I want to come visit soon.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Adorable!!

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous! Both of them. And the lady in the store, too! Incredible how many questions a child can produce in a few minutes.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Kindhearted...and so modest, too! :)

9:06 AM  
Blogger my4kids said...

Your kids really are to cute. I love the questions. If only I thought to put up some of the conversations we end up having with the kids it would be to funny but I never seem to get them up.

10:59 AM  
Blogger jackie said...

keMy four year olds are also obsessed with my wedding lately, and with the hows & whys marriage in general, and also, falling in love. It's precious to watch them try and figure it all out.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

beautifully kindhearted and innocent....THAT's beauty :)

*sigh* I know the feeling though - we are having similar redirection efforts with LMNOB.

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home