Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Conversation with my husband

DH and I got to go on a date tonight.

Since I'm eating eggs in limited amounts again now, I even found something I could have at the restaurant: an egg poached in water, with nothing added. Simple, yet tasty. DH had an all-you-can-eat fish and chips platter, and I sipped peppermint tea while we talked. It was nice being there together, just relaxing and talking.

On our way home, I reflectively said, "I'm guessing that most people probably wouldn't try to learn how to make sourdough, kombucha and sauerkraut, all for the first time, all in one week. It's a lot, but I'm enjoying it."

DH added, "AND starting a garden, AND homeschooling, AND doing a major household organization project, all at once. Most people wouldn't do that."

I chuckled, feeling a bit sheepish. "Probably not, I guess."

DH said, "That's because most people are sane."

Then he quickly patted my knee and said, "You'll do just fine, I'm sure."

Maybe I should try to pace myself a bit one of these days. Just maybe.

Jumping into life headfirst with both feet is so much more exciting. :)

Labels: ,


5 Comments:

Blogger Liz Miller said...

Your husband is lovely, and so are you.

I love your enthusiasm and your fearlessness in trying new things.

4:42 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

You do more in a day than I do in an entire week!

I agree with Liz, you have a very dear DH!

10:17 AM  
Blogger my4kids said...

I'm like you I tend to try to do way more then most people in a week. It's just more exciting that way and keeps things busy.
Kind of like when I try to schedule 4 drs visits with 4 different dr at 4 diffent locations all in one day

11:32 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Love it...

I have the same tendency to take a lot on at once, and in spite of frequent feelings of overwhelm, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Your ventures are much more creative than mine, though ;)

1:32 PM  
Blogger ccw said...

I agree with liz; you are both lovely.

You do stay busy but your posts always convey happiness in what you do so jump on in!

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home