Monday, June 11, 2007

Japanese Maple

I've been having a lot of fun with my camera lately. I began experimenting with taking more photos of subjects besides people while we were at the coast, and even tried capturing some more abstract "artsy" type pictures of patterns in the sand and surf. I'm also just trying to learn how to get better detail, color and composition in photos--starting with landscapes, objects and plants.

The more photos I take, the more I realize that I have a lot to learn. And that I really love taking pictures. Someday I'd like to take a photography class. Honestly, though, my short-term goal is to read the manual that came with my camera.

I'll be posting some of my experiments on the blog. Feel free to post comments, suggestions or even constructive criticism.

Maple

We planted two Japanese Maple trees when we built our house nearly 6 years ago. One died, but this one thrived. It nearly fills the entire flowerbed near the front porch now.

Labels: ,


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a coincidence - I have my canon's manual (box of paperwork) on my empty desk waiting to be read! I enjoy your pictures and said in my email (it didn't go through) that your family photo on the beach says a lot to me and you might consider framing it - very unique. (I've also posted more photo updates, if you'd like to see them.) Doug's Grandma is all about pictures and says if the house were on fire, she'd be grabbing her old suitcases full of them. I love looking at my albums to remind me of how God has blessed us & watches over us or showing something to Roo that we've been talking about from the past.

Cute about the trash pick-up! Reuben serves around the house but I haven't thought of a form of community service... although we've been meaning to visit a nursing home with our friends.

Is Baby E. potty trained now?

Colleen :-)

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home