Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Review of the Weekend

M&M smelling rose

DH was well enough to go to work today, and I am feeling somewhat better also. I started getting sick Sunday night, so I really hope I'll be well enough to go to a friend's wedding shower by Saturday.

Last weekend was very full. I don't have the energy to write anything really creatively descriptive about it, so this post will be mostly photos. I've made them a bit smaller so the page will load faster, but you can click on them to enlarge. (For those who are getting posts via e-mail, drop me a note if you would like enlarged versions of any photos.)

#############################

On Saturday the kids and I went to the rose gardens with Dr. A the pediatric endocrinologist while DH went to a movie with a friend (miraclebaby's DH). We had a lot of fun wandering around and taking pictures of the flowers. The girls enjoyed smelling the flowers, hiding behind the rose bushes, and collecting petals and rocks.

Dr. A photographing roses

My three girls among the roses

AJ and M&M between rows of roses

In the evening, we all met up at DH's parents' house for a family picnic with DH's sister and her family, who are home from overseas for the summer. Dr. A came along, and it was fun to be able to introduce her to some of DH's family (albeit a very small segment).

Here's a photo of Baby E giving "Mamaw" a hug and thanking her for a birthday gift:

Baby E hugging Grandma

The girls, as always, had a wonderful time playing with their cousins.

Cousin E-ta with Baby E and M&M

Cousin I eating ice cream on the trampoline

The kids' cousin W broke her leg earlier in the summer, so the kids had to find ways to play with her while she sat in a chair. Here she is pretending to "fish."

Cousin W pretending to fish

Those sticks made for some fun (and carefully-supervised) "sword fights." It was cute to see Baby E brandishing her "sword" and shouting "I dot chew! I dot chew!"

kids with stick swords

On Sunday we had a special service at church, of which DH was a significant part. Then in the afternoon my parents and sisters came over to celebrate Baby E's birthday.

Sis Sparrow and Sis J showing Baby E how to use her new animal lacing cards

I did it!

E with her new doll and other gifts

In the evening we went to DH's parents' church to hear his sister's family talk and sing. Morning came along, which was nice. We really enjoyed the service. DH's sister, BIL and their 7 children sang some beautiful choral arrangements in multi-part harmony. I really wish they would record a CD so I could hear their music even when they're not in town.

DH's dad had spent the family gathering sitting huddled in a blanket hardly speaking and seeming very tired until he went in early to bed. But he perked up significantly on Sunday. He played the piano for both the morning and evening church service, had the energy to interact with people, and spoke in a more strong and energetic voice than I've heard from him for a long time. What a blessing to see him feeling so much better. I hope he continues to improve.

Labels: , , ,


1 Comments:

Blogger Mark Daniels said...

You seem to have suffered through a real siege. I hope that all will be well soon.

God bless!

Mark Daniels

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home