Saturday, July 28, 2007

Family

e next to blanket
This is Baby E next to the blanket I'm making for Annika. I'm finally almost done with it--just working on the border now!

family group

The kids are feeling much better . . . their illness was quite mild and short-lived. Baby E is feeling better, too, although she's still waking up at least once in the night most nights. I'll be glad when she starts sleeping through the night again.

DH and I have been putting in a lot of time working on the house--cleaning, decluttering and organizing. I'm encouraged to see the progress we're making, and I so appreciate his help. We've been staying up far too late working on it, though . . . especially considering that E is getting us up during the night. :)

We've (well, mostly I've) also been spending quite a bit of time reading about and discussing parenting methods, vaccinations, healthy living, and next year's school curriculum. I've also learned how to make yogurt and started a new sourdough culture this week.

The next several days I'm going to be spending most of my spare time trying to get some information compiled to take to the allergist appointment. I want to have documentation of as many of Baby E's adverse reactions and symptoms as possible, and information about what has happened each time a particular food was consumed. We'll be doing another round of allergy testing. If it seems indicated, I plan to ask about an in-office food challenge as well.

DH's father is still very weak and tired. Just saying a few words seems to be an effort that exhausts him, and getting dressed in the morning completely drains him. Hopefully things will improve when he gets over the pneumonia.

We had a family gathering at their house on Thursday evening, which is when the above photo was taken. Tonight DH went over to his parents' house to fix their toilet.

More photos below the fold . . .

#####################

Swingset Conversation
DH talking with a couple of his nephews and his mom.

J putting can in trash
DH's nephew's son, who is about 6 months younger than Baby E. (What relation would that make him to Baby E, anyway?)

three generations
Baby E with "O-cle Nin" and "Ba-paw"

men talking
Two of DH's brothers with their dad.

trampoline
AJ and M&M on the trampoline.

Labels: , ,


2 Comments:

Blogger Jenevieve said...

I can't believe how big they're getting!

And I call all relatives without an immediate distinction "Cousin". It seems to work.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Jenevieve said...

Also, do you use cloth diapers? If so, I have some Qs on my blog for which I'd be interested in your opinions. :)

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home