Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Eight Years

Today is our anniversary. I still feel that marrying DH is one of the best things I've ever done. I love being married to him, and can't imagine life without him.

The kids are sick. Baby E is still having GI and sleeping issues (which kept me up until almost 6am last night), though we're not sure if/what she's reacting to. We haven't gotten much sleep since Friday night. AJ was up in the night too last night with a headache and fever. Today the two older girls both have low-grade fevers and are mildly ill with headaches and sore throats.

So, instead of going out to dinner as we had planned, we ate dinner with the kids at home. I gave DH an anniversary card I made for him, which he liked. After the kids were in bed, DH and I spent the evening working on housework together and talking. Honestly, having him spend some time working on the house and talking with me and is one of the best anniversary gifts I can think of.

My mom let us borrow her new floor-cleaning robot, so we used that on the kitchen floor. It was fun to see the little guy work, and it did a great job on most of the floor. There are only a few places I'll have to go over again manually. It takes me a good two hours or so to scrub that floor by hand, so having the robot to do most of the work was another great gift of the day.

But the best gift is just being married to my Beloved--my best friend.

Labels: ,


8 Comments:

Blogger Bridget said...

aww.. happy anniversary!

12:18 AM  
Blogger Becci said...

Hope the girls are feeling better soon. I'm so glad you guys had a good time on your anniversary in spite of other things. Happy anniversary!

7:48 AM  
Blogger ccw said...

Happy anniversary!

1:57 PM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Happy Anniversary. I hope everybody's feeling better by tomorrow.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Happy Anniversary :)

9:51 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Sometimes the simplest celebrations are the best.
Happy Anniversary!

4:25 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Happy Anniversary! You and DH are an inspiration.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Happy belated anniversary. My first time here reading your blog and found it nice to read.

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home