Thursday, October 18, 2007

Cognitive Dissonance

Baby E just walked up to me, holding out the remnants of her breakfast, and said, "Mom, may I put duh bwanna peew inna bed?"

Her pronunciation is still such that it often takes me a few moments to figure out what she actually said, so I paused for a moment before it clicked.

"Oh, no, honey. Let's not put the banana peel in the bed. You can put it in the trash can, right here. Thank you."

"Puddit in dis twash can? Otay. Fanks."

My 26-month-old can barely pronounce words legibly, but she sure knows how to structure a sentence.

Labels: ,


3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

But was she going to put the banana peel in her bed, or someone else's? :)

Or maybe she was thinking about the bed as in the place you go when you are done for the day? The banana was probably done for the day.

3:59 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

LOL, Kevin, actually I have no idea. She did have a mischevious spark in her eyes. Basically, I think she was playing in the bed and thought about stashing the banan peel under the covers, but thought beter of it. :)

8:54 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

How totally cute! Where on earth did she get that she might but it in the bed... LOL too cute!

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home