Saturday, April 26, 2008

Dental Update

I was able to sleep all right without any painkillers. Didn't even have to take the prescription I went to pick up yesterday (Tylenol with Codeine).

I think the things I'm doing (natural antibacterials, peroxide and salt rinses, etc.) must be working to kill the infection. The pain is improving quite a bit.

I talked to someone at the dentist I'll be seeing this morning, and told her what antibiotic had been prescribed and what underlying conditions I and Ebee have, and her immediate response was, "Oh, no! You don't want to be taking THAT one."

So they're going to do x-rays to see what's going on and then consider whether I need an antibiotic or not, and which one I should be taking if it's needed.

My dad is going to drive me to the dentist. I was a little worried about driving myself that distance, especially since I sometimes get woozy after having dental work.

I have such a nice family. Dad he watched the kids during my rheumatologist appointment this week, too. When I got home AJ informed me that she loved Grandpa so much that she wanted to marry him when she grew up (M&M and Ebee later chimed in saying, "Me too! Me too!"). She's been saying that lately about people she really likes a lot . . . she doesn't quite understand the concept of marriage yet. :)

Grandpa told her that he was flattered, but he thought he was too old for her, besides the fact that he's her grandpa. He suggested that she should wait until she's older and then marry someone her own age.

"But I will always be your very special friend," he reassured her.

She was satisfied with that.

Labels: , ,


3 Comments:

Blogger Madeleine said...

Glad to hear the pain is a bit better today. Take care.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Carolynn from Western Australia said...

I just love AJ"s comment to her Grandpa about wishing to marry him when she grows up, that is absolutely priceless.

I have a girlfriend who has 2 girls aged 6 years and 10 years, now I absolutely love babies, after all I work with pretermers and infact have worked in the unit I am in presently for the past 24 years. However I have to be totally honest and have to say that I am not always attached to children These 2 little girls I would baby sit any time, I absolutely love them to bits, they are so special. Infact, the first time I really Babysat them was to get them up and ready for school about 3 months or so ago when Dad was leaving for work at 0600 and Mum would not be home from work until 0800. I initially ebtertained myself looking at their books and drawings until it was time to get them up at 0730. I don't feel I did anything particularly special for them other than make sure they got up and dressed and got their breakfasts an did their hair, they both have beautiful long hair, Naimh's is long and blonde and Molly's is long and sort of red. I rather enjoyed doing their hair as it reminded me of when I was young getting my hair done by Mum of a school morning. They apparently asked Mary (Their Mother) after I had gone if they could adopt me :-) How sweet is that.

I looked after them again for a day last week during their school hols as Mary had to attend something in the City. We watched movies, read books and coloured in and chatted, I think I had as much fun as they did. Molly suddenly laughed while we were doing something or other, then said oops " I nearly called you Grandma" I am in my early 50's I would say their parents are probably in their early to mid 30's. The girls absolutely adore my husband. Children can be so honest, it is a shame they have to lose this so early these days. The older of the 2 is a most amazing artist and the detail in her drawings which are mostly done in either pencil or pen are mind blowing. I play around at art but her perspective and proportion is way better than mine is and the stories that go with the pictures are totally amazing. I dread the day they have to 'Grow up' and lose their innocence.

Cherish and Enjoy
Love Carolynn :-)

11:20 AM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Madeleine, thanks.

Carolynn, cute story. Kids really love it when anyone pays attention to them, spends time with them and treats them like people.

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home