Saturday, June 25, 2005

Taking it easy

We've had a wonderful but busy last few days, with my BIL/SIL and nephew staying with us since Friday and then a big barbecue/birthday party for M today. I'm having to take it easy still, so it really helped to have my sister-in-law here for a few days. She kept telling me to sit down and put my feet up while she took care of things.

I'm still having quite a few contractions if I don't stay off my feet. When I'm relaxing with my feet up, they're only about one per hour and quite mild, but if I get up and start doing things they're more like 15 minutes apart, and if I overdo it (which doesn't take much at all, just being on my feet moving around for more than a few minutes at a time) they get closer to 3-10 minutes apart. Tonight after trying to help get ready for the party (in moderation), I was getting several contractions every time I stood up. So I'm not doing much. So annoying--I hate to sit still!

This week should be interesting, trying to stay off my feet most of the time with two preschoolers running around.

Hopefully these contractions will settle down and I will be able to resume relatively normal activity in a few days. If not, I'll take it easy until I hit 2 weeks before the due date and then be as active as I want and hope the baby will come soon. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Liz Miller said...

Stay baby!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Good luck trying to stay off your feet. With 2 young kids about, I can imagine that this will be a daunting task!

5:06 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Ahh, those lovely last few weeks/days of pregnancy! I hope you're not too uncomfortable, and managing to get at least a few hours uninterrupted sleep at night!

4:58 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Thanks, ladies. I saw my midwife today and she said it's unlikely that I'll actually put myself into early labor by not staying off my feet, but my body is telling me something (i.e. I'm overdoing it) and I need to listen anyway! LOL.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Rach said...

ooh, good luck! i hope the baby stays for a while! it is hard to stay off your feet all the time! i hate to sit still too!

thank you for your comment on my blog, unfortunately they monitor the internet usage here at work, so even on my breaks, i shouldn't be using it! oops! so i'd better go! i hope all goes well!
take care
Rach

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home