Monday, August 22, 2005

Clarification

I just wanted to mention that my little vent of yesterday about near-strangers saying "let us know if we can help" was NOT directed at anyone who reads my blog. Those of you who are family and dear friends, I feel comfortable enough to ask for specifics--and most of you tend to be pretty specific if offering help anyway.

I was just making an observation about something that seems to be common in society. When someone will say "let us know if you need anything" to someone they barely know, it's very kind of them but it's hard to know--not knowing the person--what exactly they had in mind, or if they were just being polite. And, I'm much less comfortable asking for help from people who have never been to my home before and whose names I can't remember. :)