Sunday, October 09, 2005

Feeling better and fluttering

We all seem to be feeling a bit better today.

I must say, it's been wonderful to actually be at home for an entire weekend and not have to go anywhere. Even though we haven't been feeling that great, we're enjoying just being home, relaxing, and puttering around the house.

DH and I finally got some much-needed sorting and decluttering of books, videos, and piles of papers last night. We even did a few things we've been procrastinating on, like watching the video and reading the manual that came along with our alarm system. :) We worked very slowly and casually, just a few minutes at a time, mostly sitting down, with lots of breaks. But we made quite a dent in our clutter.

I slept most of the day yesterday and all morning today, so I'm starting to feel a little less like I got run over by a train. DH and I are taking turns resting and keeping the kids etc. taken care of. Right now it's his turn to rest for a few hours. The baby is sleeping, so I clipped the girls' nails and we had fun collecting the fuzzballs on the vertical surfaces of the stairs that the vaccuum doesn't pull off. It's fun to see what simple things amuse the kids, and I really enjoy working on something together with them.

Today I'm planning to organize my bags and boxes of yarn piled in the dining room area (big job, but not too labor-intensive) and sweep/decobweb the front porch. I'm taking part in the FlyBabies 30 Days to a Cleaner Home Challenge, and the zones for the first week were the entry area, front porch and dining room.

I missed some days this week, but I did get a lot of decluttering done in those areas. I didn't do all of Kelly's Missions, but I did at least a few minutes of decluttering most days. It's amazing how much you can get done in 5-15 minute increments.