Monday, October 03, 2005

About Me MeME (Eleventy-One Things Extra)

Daddypundit tagged me several days ago for this "about me" meme.

I'll add it to my Eleventy-One Things About Me Index (along with a few other posts like Things I've Never Done and Five Things) even though it's not numbered.


Daddypundit listed about five items in most of these categories, but I had too many to choose just five on most of them, so I'm doing a dozen. It was that question about my husband that made me decide I couldn't limit it to five. :)

Things I want to do before I die:

1. Make sure my husband and children, friends and family know how much I love them.
2. See my children develop a personal relationship with God.
3. Nurture my children to be healthy, happy, well-adjusted and loving people with the life skills they need to flourish.
4. Enrich the lives of those around me.
5. Create laughter and happy memories.
6. Learn (and teach my children) not to be afraid of sadness, pain, silence or solitude. Embrace the tears and struggles as part of life, and learn from them.
7. Record my life story in writing.
8. Get my home and life organized.
9. Be healthy.
10. Write something significant.
11. Know my grandchildren.
12. Fulfill my purpose.

I decided to add this one since I didn't really do the last question in this meme: Things I hope to do in the next 30 years

1. Finish my bachelor's degree, and perhaps get my master's.
2. Study women's ministries. Then live it.
3. Travel.
4. Be used to speak hope and wholeness into people's lives.
5. Have a mentor.
6. Mentor someone.
7. Teach.
8. Read the Bible all the way through each year.
9. Own a pet again.
10. Learn to dance (with my husband).
11. Have a second honeymoon (with my husband, of course).
12. Be a good listener.


Things I can do:

1. Procrastinate.
2. Cook.
3. Run on adrenaline (a.k.a. fake energy).
4. Make people feel comfortable, at ease, and cared for.
5. Help them find their wings.
6. Use a hammer and saw.
7. Build a fire.
8. Tame animals (and sometimes people).
9. Juggle.
10. Talk.
11. Sell (things, ideas, whatever).
12. Love.


Things I cannot do:

1. Keep the beat in a syncopated rhythm.
2. Do complicated math problems in my head.
3. Ride a unicycle.
4. Ski.
5. Care more about material things than about people and immaterial things.
6. Be "normal" (whatever that is, LOL).
7. Remember a lot of names, dates and numbers.
8. "Not write."
9. Fix the world.
10. Stop caring.
11. Stop hoping.
12. Forget God.


Things that attract me to my husband:

1. His big, deep, melting brown eyes.
2. His tender, sensitive, gentle heart.
3. His courage and perseverance.
4. His willingness to face the unknown and to ask the tough questions.
5. His strength and conviction.
6. His deep love for God and people.
7. His face, voice and hands.
8. His ability to see beyond the obvious--he has great insight and wisdom.
9. His extraordinary expressiveness.
10. His "magic touch" with children, babies, and other people.
11. His great blend of intelligence, fun and seriousness.
12. His refusal to wear a mask and his love of the genuine.


Celebrity crushes I've had in the past:

Um, honestly . . . I don't think I've ever had a celebrity crush.


People I want to do this next:

Everyone! If you want to do this meme, consider yourself tagged. If you don't have a blog or don't want to post on your blog for some reason, you're welcome to do it in the comments here.

Feel free to tweak the meme to your liking and leave out the one I added if it seems redundant. If you don't have a spouse, you could list things or character traits that you find attractive, or just make up a different question. You can do any number of items under each question you like. Some of the people I saw doing this meme didn't even number them, and had different amounts under each thing.

I think I'll name a handful who are either new bloggers or whom I'd like to see blogging (or blogging more).

1. ~dani~
2. Jennifer
3. Matt and Jacinda
4. Sparrow's Flight
5. Mom
6. Mark
7. Figured Out
8. "Morning"
9. Douglas Coombs
10. Camera Obscura
11. Kevin Edwards
12. Anonymous (I'd like to see each of the anonymous-es [anonymice?] get a blog of their own and put a name on it--or at least start putting a name on their comments!)

10 Comments:

Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

You've been tagged :o) go to my blog for the instructions and then post the same thing with your answer on your blog.

3:04 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Thanks, Shelley. I'll do it sometime in the nest few days.

Windfall Woman, "tagged" just means whoever tagged you wants you to answer the same question(s) or do the same thing on your blog. Kind of like "Tag, you're it!"

3:42 PM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

I love your answers. So touching about your husband. And you can juggle. That always impresses me. I think you are doing so many of your goals already!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

Okay, okay, okay! I'll do it!

I need a few days, though. Those are tough ones. In fact, some of them made my head hurt! LOL!

I loved reading your answers. I also followed a few of the links and it brought me to other parts of your blog that I hadn't read. We have more in common than I realized. Some things are almost creepy.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Sparrow said...

Ok, I finally posted mine. I added a question, too. um, not sure how to make a nice link in here, so here's the url: http://sparrowsflight10.blogspot.com

1:05 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Thanks, R2Ks. I hope I am doing some of my goals.

Dani, I look forward to reading yours! I'm curious what we have in common, too. Care to share?

1:06 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Thanks, Amy! Here's the link to yours (you can use the A HREF= HTML tag in Blogger comments). Great answers, and I love the question you added.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

Okay. Just for starters, my list for this:
"Five bad habits:"

Would be identical to yours:
"procrastinating, staying up too late, overextending myself, the extended "just a minute", hyperfocusing on one thing to the detriment of others"

Oddly enough, the fibromyalgia, too. Which all of the above aggravate, of course. We are gluttons for punishment. ;)

You'll see more when I do my list. It most likely won't be until after the weekend. I'll let you know.

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why would you want me to have a blog? :-0 I could post the gift basket joke of the day on it. ;-) ie. true happenings we find hilarious.
One lady called a friend and said "I don't like any of your baskets" can you make me one? And "I don't want any of the products you have as anyone can get them so will you go shopping and get me different products?." Now I myself have never seen a store carry one of a kind products for gift baskets. :-0

I also read some very interesting info today from several ladies who suffer from FM. They said that allergies can play a big part in their fibro acting up. One lady had way less syptoms and flare ups when she was away from her animals for a few weeks. It is also interesting because J had way less pain while we were in Alaska and when she only uses natural hair care products.

And anonymous needs an eye exam. You are not and have never been fat. Mother bear speaking here. LOL

12:15 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

That's funny, Dani. :-D

Mom, I'd love to read your blog if you wrote one. You always have interesting ideas and opinions. And I thought it would be fun to see what answers you would put for the meme. :)

That's interesting about the allergies. It's certainly true for me. I was handling quite a few clothes that had been in storage this week, so maybe the mold and mildew spores got to me. Also, I realized today that we had the first big weather change of the fall, where the temperature, air pressure and moisture levels changed suddenly. I'd forgotten that always affects me.

I'm sure anonymous is someone who's never actually met me and was just trolling blogs trying to get a reaction. I'm just glad they picked on me rather than someone who is really sensitive about their weight.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home