Sunday, October 09, 2005

What I Need

OK, yes this is another silly meme. I wasn't going to do it, but I had to try Googling the phrase and it was so funny that I am posting it for my own amusement anyway. It's the weekend, right?

Seen many places, but notably at One Bright Star.

To do this, just Google your first name or pseudonym with the word needs, putting quote marks around the phrase: "purple_kangaroo needs". A lot of people googled their first name but replaced it with their pseudonym for posting.

It comes up with some funny results.

The very first result on mine was:

Angela needs a vacation. (Oh, yeah! Bring it on!)

The rest of the top results, in order:

Angela needs to complete a psychological evaluation. (Hmmm, you think so?)

Angela needs a crew of volunteers that day each for a 3hr time period. (Oooh, sounds good to me! They can start by breaking down the empty boxes in the garage, then cleaning the carpets, and then . . . ")

Angela needs to possess the essential attributes of front-line staff, such as patience, good communication skills and a genuine desire to help others. (Well, I do need those things for my job. Young children require a lot of patience, communication and help. As do many other parts of my life. :) )

Angela needs to take her father off the pedestal she put him on so she can make her transition to womanhood. (I think I did that a few years ago when I, you know, became an adult. No inappropriate pedestals here--I see my dad as a human being: not perfect, but a great person; and I respect, love, and enjoy spending time with him a lot, as do DH and the kids.)

Angela needs prayers. (Oh, but always.)

Angela needs help! (Yeah, probably.)

Angela needs to complete a psychological evaluation and
follow the recommendations of the evaluator.
(We said that already. Is someone trying to make a point here???)

21 Comments:

Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

these are fantastic! I particularly giggled at the psychological evaluation stuff... And WHO DOESN'T need a crew of volunteers! This meme is way fun.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

This is hysterical! Off to try it now!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Ok...let me see what I get..."shelley needs to go" (not sure where though but there was a lot of this one lol); "shelley needs to step down"; "shelley needs advice"; "shelley needs his care and concern"

Too funny....lol

3:55 PM  
Blogger Sparrow said...

hahaha! I've got to try this one!

7:05 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

My mom had the absolute best one . . . "[Grandmacar] needs to be careful that people
don't forget her brain in the quagmire of futility that she has become."

12:03 AM  
Blogger Rach said...

haha, thats awesome! off to give it a go right now!!!

Hope all's well!
take care
rach

3:41 AM  
Blogger ccw said...

How funny! I must do this.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

1. Kevin Needs Your Money
2. Kevin needs your help (helpkevin.org)
3. Kevin needs to be locked up
4. if Kevin needs to go to jail then so does Paul, for raping Chris.
5. Kevin needs to go to he11
6. Kevin needs therapy and Mac is the person to help Kev get thru it.
7. Kevin needs expert witnesses, research, and other things that the court is unlikely to provide much financial help for.
8. Kevin needs someone who is active in church, can share why faith is important to him and who lives close enough to help Kevin with his preparation. So in choosing a sponsor, Kevin needs to take all these things seriously.

Spot on. :) I think the more interesting ones are from a soap opera discussion.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

funny stuff!

7:14 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

ok, looks like this is what I need..Sarah needs to lighten up....Sarah needs a boyfriend....Sarah needs therapy....Sarah needs to stop watching tv....and my favorite, and very true, Sarah needs to rest!

7:21 AM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

I love your answers. I want a crew to help me too :)

9:13 AM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Glad everyone seems to be enjoying this one. I'm liking reading all the results people come up with (and their comments--that's what makes it funny).

10:59 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Uh oh. I kid you not:

Julie needs to work on her parenting.

Julie needs a team of committed people to pray for her.

Julie needs some real hands-on comforting as the anniversary of that first killing spree is drawing near.

Julie needs 25 to 35 grams of fiber daily.

And this one isn't even funny:

Julie Needs a Kidney Transplant.

Oh man, I have to post this on my own blog. Thank you!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Gel said...

Hi- I'm here from Julie's (booworm's) blog before she gets that kidney transplant. (I'm the donor so I need some fun now!)

I love purple & use it on my sites! Great name for your blog.:)Fun and EZ meme. WIll return for other reading when it's not so late, I mean early.

12:15 AM  
Blogger Gel said...

OOps you want the results. Ok, but I really need chocolate! :)
(I use GEL as the abbrev. for Green-Eyed Lady on blogs.)
GEL needs a slow even heat for melting." (oh shucks, I don't think hubby wants me to simmer... )

GEL needs to be applied to a dry scalp. (What about all the fun in the shower? or snowball throwing?)

GEL needs to be regenerated by placing her in the sun. (So THAT's the trick to more energy for this mom!)

GEL NEEDS to be sent by air to another continent. (You bet! It was my hubby who has been to Australia twice w/out me, for work, Europe numerous times, etc. Waaaaaaaa. I've never been overseas.)

For reasons that churn the stomach, this sort of gel needs to be less pure than
the kind used in film. (I'm innocent!)
And there's several notes that Gel Needs either hardening (I'm female...), reconditioning, transforming, etc.
Great meme! LOL

12:30 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

No fair, Gel. You get to go to another continent, and all I get is a trip to the bathroom! Oh ha ha ha! And thanks for the kidney.

You know, half the time people write LOL I don't believe they're actually laughing out loud, but I truly am right now.

4:30 AM  
Blogger Gel said...

Julie, if it makes you feel any better, I've had far too much surgery so we have a joke that my 2nd office IS the bathroom. (like FONZIE)(No, I'm not pregnant again.) Glad you truly lol'ed.

5:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, this was a ton of fun but I'm totally depressed!
kandi needs to stop talking foolishness, she don't know sh**
Kandi needs to Contact A laywer
Kandi needs to Be strong and pressure her husband to leave his mistress
Kandi needs to become a top tier shot blocking Center
Kandi needs to find something else to sing about
But my favorite was....
Kandi
needs no explanation!

9:58 AM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Hi, Kandi and green-eyed lady! Welcome to my blog.

11:29 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

All of these are so fun! Thanks for playing, everyone.

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha most were right on the button... I just had surgery on the 22nd. Laid up for 6 weeks. I don't even want to tell you how many visitors I had It's embarresing.. I'm 40 and really have no friends sad.. Im not married anymore thank goodness.. this was fun made me smile thanks!

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home