Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Poor kid

Baby E has been in a good mood today, except for having a very short fuse and getting upset whenever I was out of sight. She hasn't gotten over being left with the sitter yet.


She has been acting strange at feeding time--grunting, whimpering, wiggling and pulling off a lot while nursing. I thought maybe her teeth were bothering her or something, because she was acting like her mouth hurt or she was in pain somehow, but not acting like it was her stomach bothering her.

It wasn't until I was talking to my mom on the phone that the probable reason dawned on me.

I was telling Mom that the babysitter last night heated up the milk in the microwave and didn't know it shouldn't be warmer than body temperature before giving it to baby E.

Mom said, "Did E burn her mouth?"

Suddenly everything clicked.

My poor, poor baby.


On another note, Baby E is in a convertible car seat instead of the carrier now. There are 4 slots for the shoulder straps, at different levels. MM, at 3 1/2, is a little below the top (fourth) slot. Baby E, at just barely 3 months, is about even with the third slot. She's growing out of all her 3-6 month clothes and wearing 6-9 and 9-12 month sizes already.

Such a cute little chunk!

8 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Poor baby E! What a disheartening experience that whole night must have been. I hope her mouth heals soon!

5:40 AM  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Oh, I'm so sad for poor baby E. Her poor little mouth! I wish I lived nearby, I'd love to babysit and I PROMISE I wouldn't burn her sweet little mouth. Did the girls tell you how the rest of the evening went?

6:04 AM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Poor sweetie!

Have you tried some teething gel or powder a few minutes before nursing to ease the mouth pain?

And, if your pediatrician approves, some baby tylenol might help too.

Big hugs to you.

6:13 AM  
Blogger ccw said...

Poor, poor Baby E! I hope her mouth feels better soon. The bright side is that she will not remember this awful night and therefore will not be able to bring it up later in life.

6:29 AM  
Blogger CalvaryGirl said...

Oh the poor baby- that's probably that's going on with her. How could the sitter not know how to heat a bottle but say she was comfortable sitting babies? :(

10:47 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

I'm sure she'll feel better soon. I hope so. A baby that won't (or can't) nurse is the saddest thing.

I can relate to the chunkiness. My three were all chunks, too. Our infant carrier didn't last much past three months either. :)

12:11 PM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Poor baby, poor mommy. I hope she feels better soon. She's growing so well!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Sparrow said...

Poor thing. Burned mouths are no fun. At least they usually heal pretty quickly...

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home