Thursday, November 03, 2005

As little children

Tonight's prayers (most of it in echoes as each repeated the ideas the other came up with):

Dear God,

Thank you for the TV. And thank you for our baby. And thank you that we got to go shopping today, and have lunch with Daddy. Please help Daddy get home safely from his music practice.

I'm really sad because AJ pushed me--and MM pushed me back! And shut the door on me. Please help me to be nice to each other. Please help me be nice to MM. Please help me be nice to AJ.

And help me to be good. Help me be good. Yeah, and keep my underwear dry so I can get a Polly Pocket after church if I keep my underwear dry all night all week! Me too!

Thank you for the Tinkerbell toy we saw in the store today. Maybe it could be our Christmas present? Or maybe an umbrella. Yeah, or maybe a Strawberry Shortcake book. Or a Dora book. Yeah.

Please help us sleep well, and keep us safe. Goodnight.

Amen.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sparrow said...

Oh how much we can learn about them from their prayers! LOL

10:30 PM  
Blogger christian a.k.a zHi wEi said...

While reading ya post. once again it reminds me of all little things that i own. Giving thanks even just a small and insignificant item.. =)

11:15 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

LOL, you're right, Amy. Their prayers are a good window into their thoughts of the moment.

Christian a.k.a. zhi wei, welcome to my blog! That's a good point . . . we often forget to appreciate the small things, don't we?

1:34 PM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Aww, that is so cute!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Oh, and I hear that God answers all prayers--just sometimes with a yes, no, or maybe :)

11:24 AM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

So true, R2Ks

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home