Tuesday, November 01, 2005

If you were wondering why I'm behind on blogging and e-mail . . .

Here are a few of the reasons--my kids.



I got the kids and the baby fed and dressed this morning and organized Baby E's new stash of cloth diapers. When I saw that the girls were playing nicely together, I decided to take advantage of the opportunity. I came upstairs, laid the baby down for a nap, and took a few minutes to read e-mail.

A few minutes later, I started downstairs to check on the girls. Halfway down the stairs I became aware of the distinct smell of . . . nail polish. Oh, no.

I said, "Why do I smell nail polish?" I wear nail polish maybe once or twice a year, but there are a few bottles floating around in drawers.

Searching the house, I found A with some markers and other things she'd gathered off the forbidden kitchen counter by climbing up on a stool. But no nail polish.

Following my nose, I finally found M hiding under the dining room table. She had nail polish all over herself (including her face), her clothes, the carpet, and a few other things. She was sitting on the bottles of polish, trying to hide them. Oh, so innocent.



Anyone have any ideas for getting fingernail polish out of carpet and clothes?

6 Comments:

Blogger CalvaryGirl said...

My mom managed to get some polish out of one of Hannah's dresses by letting it sit with laundry treatment for 30 min or so, then washing it. I think she rubbed it in with a toothbrush a little, too. Afetr about ten times it worked I think.

As far as carpets- I've never found a solution to that. Nail polish remover only does so much but it still leaves a stain.

Totally BTDT!!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

As Muffin Man would say, "Uh-oh. Time for Time Out."

2:38 PM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

I'm sure the Queen of clean book has ideas.

HUGS to you. Many.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Sparrow said...

Uh oh. LOL

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Angela...eeks...we had that too about 3 mos after we moved into our brand new house! Dd was about the same age then as MM is now...coincidence? Probably not, there must be something to it, lol!

As for what to use to get it out...the only thing we had any luck with was industrial/salon nail-polish remover that is pure acetone, though you do have to be sure it won't eat your carpet (Some types of carpet and acetone react horribly, so a spot check in a discrete spot is best first!).

11:38 AM  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

I don't have any useful advice, just sympathy. I had no idea how gory large amounts of red nail polish could look!

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home