Thursday, November 03, 2005

Whose kid is that?

In the checkout line at Costco today, AJ started chatting to the young man checking us out.

"That's my mommy."

"Yeah, I see that."

"Did you think she was my grandma? Because she's not my grandma; she's my mommy. Grandma has white hair."

The checker and I were both rather speechless.

I'm not exactly sure where that came from, but I did mention to her that I'm not really old enough to be her grandmother. I'm only 28, although I do have a lot of grey hair already. LOL.

Another interesting factiod: neither of her grandmothers has white hair. But her Great-Grandma does.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sparrow said...

Oh dear!! Hahaha!

10:32 PM  
Blogger Jane Dark said...

Oh no! It reminds me of one of my brothers, who, after looking at old photos, asked "Mom, was everything black and white back when you were alive?"

12:18 AM  
Blogger ccw said...

That is so funny! Kids always manage to pull stuff like that out of nowhere.

The woman at the dry cleaner's asked if I was the girls nanny and when I said no told me that I didn't look old enough to be their mother. Of oucrse, Kid L started shouting my age.

9:34 AM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Yeah, as many times as I embarrassed my parents growing up, I figure I have it coming. :)

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree!
LOL
Part of my hair looks pretty gray. ;-)

12:14 AM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Part of mine does too, grandmac. Actually, a lot of it.

But that has nothing to do with how old we look, right? RIGHT????

11:52 PM  
Blogger CalvaryGirl said...

ROFL!! I'm catching up on missed emails, this is soooo cute! I needed that laugh today.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Purple Puzzle Place Home